Admit it. You’ve thought about it.
You know at times you want to completely go off-grid and delete your Facebook account.
Sure, you’d miss all those “friends” of yours posting their awesome political opinions and let’s not forget those cat photos with captions “How true!!!!”
And why wouldn’t you, the way Facebook has admitted to track everything you do on the internet even when you are logged out of your Facebook account. Yeah, they do that.
By the way, the easiest way to prevent Facebook from tracking your whereabouts on the web is to use a separate web browser only for logging on to Facebook. This way they can’t track you.
But back to the biggie. Yeah, let’s say hypothetically of course you may possibly want to delete your Facebook account.
Here’s how to “disable” your Facebook account. This is Facebook’s preferred method of action. In other words, it’s temporary and it will not permanently delete your account:
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Click the little drop down arrow next to your name.
3. Now click on “Account Settings.”
4. Now click “Security Settings” on the left side menu.
5. On Facebook’s “Security” page, click “Deactivate you account.”
6. Now you will find yourself on Facebook’s “Are you sure you want to deactivate your account” page. This is where Facebook will attempt to talk you out of this desperate act of foolishness using your friends against you.
7. After this page, I’m guessing there is one more, “don’t do it” page. But I didn’t go that far myself.
There is also an option to “permanently” deleted your Facebook account with no option for recovery. ” This option is not on your Facebook profile anywhere. It took me awhile to find this option.
1. Click this link to go to the page to complete delete your Facebook account “forever.” I use quotes here because I don’t believe them. Would you?
2. This step should be obvious. Go ahead. Your life will be better for it.
3. This final step is to make sure you are a real human and not a bot program just randomly hacking and deleting Facebook accounts.
There you have it. Don’t you feel better now?
Nah, you won’t really do it…
You’re in this relationship… FOREVER. So true!!!!