This is one of the better articles I’ve read on the internets.
I found several things quite interesting in the Magician Teller’s witty letter to a fan.
Here are a few take-aways with my own spin added.
1. Acknowledge fate, luck, or God’s providence in your life. I choose to believe in the latter.
2. Then be thankful. If you chose to believe that you are NOT in control of your life, art, work or craft, you will have no choice but to remain humble.
2. Start something you love. If you work hard at it and don’t give up, you might surprise yourself and find your calling and hence refine your craft unexpectedly.
3. Stay committed to your craft. By continuing to work at it you will discover many things. Your work can become a discovery.
4. Find heroes outside of your craft. Apply to your work what you find compelling about them.
5. Add the element of surprise to your art. It can’t be overstated the power of surprise
Discover for yourself what that means for you.
Here, now, read the entire article. Enjoy, my bastard sons and daughters.